About Our District
The Public Relations Society of America’s Mid-Atlantic District is one of 10 PRSA Districts and includes nine Chapters in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, eastern/central Pennsylvania and Virginia.
- Blue Ridge Chapter: Website | Leadership
- Central Chesapeake Chapter: Website | Leadership
- Central Pennsylvania Chapter: Website | Leadership
- Delaware Chapter: Website | Leadership
- Hampton Roads Virginia Chapter: Website | Leadership
- Maryland Chapter: Website | Leadership
- National Capital Chapter: Website | Leadership
- Philadelphia Chapter: Website | Leadership
- Richmond Chapter: Website | Leadership
Benefits and Services
The Mid-Atlantic District’s goal is to support chapter leadership by facilitating networking and sharing of best practices through:
- Quick Start – an annual leadership development program for chapter officers and board members, covering topics such as strategic planning, programming, volunteer recruitment and retention, mentoring and working with student chapters.
- Mid-Atlantic District APR Boot Camp – a four-day intensive course for candidates to prepare and advance through the Readiness Review™ and take the computer-based Examination for Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) or Accreditation in Public Relations + Military Communication (APR+M). This course is designed to provide a setting that will meet the needs of busy professionals whose schedules don’t permit extensive preparation time.
- Monthly Conference Calls – for the District board, typically chapter presidents or their designees, to discuss district business, receive information from and provide feedback to PRSA National, and share chapter updates.
- Affinity Calls – for chapter officers and committee chairs to share ideas, ask questions and network.
- Chapter Consultation and Support